FACTS & FIGURES
The historic ballpark opened on June 4, 1914 as the Daytona City Island Ballpark. It consisted of a baseball field and set of wooden bleachers. In the 1920’s, a road circling the ballpark was built to accommodate the growing number of spectators who were traveling to the ballpark by automobile. A grandstand with a press box was built behind home plate to replace the original wooden bleachers along with two additional covered sections of grandstands along the first base line. A bleacher section along the third base line was added shortly after the first renovation in the 1950’s. The present day grandstand and press box were built in 1962. A home team clubhouse was constructed down the left field line in 1972 to accommodate the Montreal Expos. In 1973 left field bleachers, with a capacity of 2,500 seats, were installed. The park was renamed Jackie Robinson Ballpark in 1989 as the stadium served as host to the first racially integrated game in baseball history. The visitor’s clubhouse down the right field line was then built in 1993 to comply with Minor League Baseball regulations. The Budweiser Bullpen was unveiled at the 2007 All-Star game which was hosted at the ballpark.
Jackie Robinson Ballpark
105 E. Orange Ave
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Left Field: 315 ft., Left Center Field: 385 ft., Center Field: 400 ft., Right Center Field 385 ft., Right Field: 325 ft.
4,200 Seats: including reserved seats, bleachers, and wheel chair accessible sections.
First Year in the Florida State League: 1920
Number of years in the Florida State League: 54
Number of Championships: 5
2008 Paid attendance: 164,007
Season Attendance Record: 2008 – 164,007